View Single Post
Old 25-Jan-2019, 8:23 PM   #4
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by squale2 View Post
I'm here in Phillipston Ma - what would cause my antenna to lose total signal to all channels and then later in the day it comes back. This all of sudden started happening over and over throughout the day. Is this a tower problem or maybe something to do with my antenna. How can I troubleshoot??? any help would be appreciated
Hello, squale2, welcome to the forum.

Please do another signal report. When I click on your link, it says your report is no longer on the TVFool server.

The total loss of signals that later come back can be caused by atmospheric conditions that result in temperature changes.

What antenna are you using now and where is it located?

Quote:
I have 3 to 4 TV's's that I would like to have connected.
First, get the channels you want for just one TV, then you can split the signals for other TVs. What channels are most important to you?

When I do a generic report for Phillipston MA, I see weak channels, but your exact address (which will not show) report would be more accurate.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9038a679fd9c87

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgr View Post
The group of stations to your southwest are from Hartford (WTIC) and Springfield (WGBY). The alternative to that group is to try for the Boston stations (WGBH 122 magnetic). It would be interesting to see which stations become stronger as you go higher.
Here is a report from rabbitears.info with a more accurate list of channels that shows the two directions close in strength. I favor the SW unless you have local objects in the signal path like trees:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg squale2TVFmap.JPG (84.5 KB, 1274 views)
File Type: jpg squale2TVFreportEst.JPG (102.9 KB, 1207 views)
File Type: jpg squale2TVFreportRE.jpg (333.9 KB, 1236 views)

Last edited by rabbit73; 26-Jan-2019 at 2:22 PM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote