View Single Post
Old 18-Dec-2012, 3:08 AM   #1
ALXFreeTV

Maximizer in Virginia

Hi Forum,

I live in an older two-story apartment with trees and other apartments as signal obstacles. I purchased a Mohu Leaf (non-amplified) antenna as an alternative to the Radio Shack rabbit ears that did not work. The Leaf worked great when I held it while standing to the side of my television (a few feet away from my south-facing window). When placed directly up against the window no channels were visible. I could tuck the leaf onto the bookshelf to the side of the TV and get most of the networks but it did not pick up PBS and at all. That channel, along with the basic networks, is a must have. I don’t feel like moving the TV to the dining area so it is closer to the north window—it would be sort of a pain and there are large trees outside. Also, my television is analog so I have the converter box from Mohu that worked well (I kept the converter box and returned the Leaf). I am not sure what happened with the Radio Shack gear but I did not even get a picture.

I am frustrated with buying stuff and want to ditch the cable already. I don’t want to move the TV closer to the south window but that may be the next best option. I am thinking I should have kept the Leaf and changed the furniture layout. I was thinking of getting the amplified Leaf Plus but that is no longer and option on the website. The only other choice now is the Leaf Ultimate and I don’t even know if I should spend $89 instead of $39 to get this working. I am a maximizer (Paradox of Choice) and am trying to find the best deal that works, but now it has become paralysis by analysis. I am now considering buying one or two from the antenna quick reference and trying them all at once. Any thoughts? All suggestions appreciated.

Here is the link to my TVFool report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...cc49404bc8464c
Thanks in advance
ALXFreeTV is offline   Reply With Quote