View Single Post
Old 13-Oct-2016, 11:53 AM   #6
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

A/B switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereocraig View Post
Have you considered an A/B switch?
I see the Rat Shack 15-1968 remote controlled units on eBay from time to time.
I have one and it works well. You would however, still need a tuner and it will need the ability to ADD channels, VS a full re-scan.

Hey Stereocraig,

I had an Radio Shack A/B switch, it must have burned out, it quit working with the remote and manually. I don't want to buy a used one, for now. I really want a tuner box with a good signal meter with a signal strength and signal quality.

I have resigned myself to the fact that my Chicago-Milwaukee combining efforts have been unsuccessful and need to split the signal for optimum reception. I get most channels, but some weaker stations do drop out.

Since my Vizio is not a TV and has no tuner, I want to try to use a tuner with 2 RF inputs, but I see the only one that did was the HD Homerun which isn't made any more, so what I wanted to find one remanufactured or some new old stock. Or... any tuner box with 2 RF inputs of very good quality. I guess that's a pipe dream.

What sucks, is my old Toshiba projection TV has 2 RF inputs! I still have it though. If I went back to that....

Thanks, Bob

bobsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote