View Single Post
Old 29-Jan-2012, 12:20 AM   #8
MisterMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghz24 View Post

So with signal levels ~8 times what any mass produced antenna produces does this change your opinion?

How many different ways do I have to tell you? No.

Also, nowhere in your Wade Antenna documentation is there any mention of signal level. Wade publishes gain response in units of dBi. Gain response is the ratio of the signal strength collected by the antenna to signal strength collected by a reference dipole. To calculate the gain response in dBi, the logarithm-base-10 of this ratio is multiplied by the factor of 10.

I take note of the fact that Wade antennas are not optimal for North American broadcasts. Their peak gain is at RF Channel 80. The North American maximum is RF Channel 69 and is being reduced to RF Channel 51. For RF Channel 51, the antenna has a gain response of about 24 dBi. In linear terms, this means that the output power of the antenna is about 251 times the reference power at RF Channel 51.

The reference power is tiny. The output power is 251 times a tiny reference power. In terms of voltages, the output rms voltage is about 16 times the reference signal rms voltage. There is no way on Earth that either will damage your tuner.

If you ask this question again, then I will have to say something that you will not like.
MisterMe is offline   Reply With Quote