View Single Post
Old 8-Mar-2014, 10:50 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

Reliable reception of real CH-4 will require an antenna designed to operate at that Low-VHF frequency. An Antennacraft Y526 would be an example of a specialty L-VHF only antenna. Large all channel antennas could be used as well. The problem with Low-VHF reception is that there is more interference in that frequency range (Real CH-2 through CH-6).

Sadly, your description leads me to conclude your attic is a challenging location for reliable reception. I have little hope that a preamp will overcome the impairments caused by the attic. But an RCA TVPRAMP1R is about $25... if that is not too much to risk you could try it.

I would exercise my right to install an outdoor antenna... The FCC is on your side... http://www.fcc.gov/guides/over-air-r...n-devices-rule. The HOA does not have the authority to stop you from installing and using an antenna for reception of OTA TV signals. I'm not advocating that you act as a bully, but I've got no sympathy for an HOA or neighbor who thinks they can act as a bully.

Given that you already own the DB8E, I'd suggest it be installed outside where it can do it's job. For reliable reception of real channel 9, KGUN, I'd use an Antennacraft Y10713. Of course, If you are able to reliably get the same programming via real CH-16, the large Y10713 can be ommitted.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 8-Mar-2014 at 10:55 PM. Reason: HOA should know you have the right to install and use an antenna...
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote