View Single Post
Old 16-Dec-2011, 2:26 PM   #14
GroundUrMast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeman1973 View Post
once or twice a day WMC goes out for a few seconds and comes back in. i'm looking at it right now and its at 81%. i think thats really good considering its 70 something miles away. WHBQ on the other hand goes in and out often but,is watchable,it drops out for a few seconds and comes back in. this happens about every other hour. what makes the memphis uhf stations come in every few days? and when they come in they are around 70%.
Atmospheric conditions change constantly which can cause a great deal of variation in signal levels, particularly when signals are traveling long distances. I suspect that, together with the fact that your existing antenna is not designed to receive UHF explains why the UHF signals from Memphis are visible on occasion.

At this point, it's up to you...

Do you think the existing antenna is serviceable? if so, adding a large UHF antenna and preamp is worth considering.

If you think the existing antenna is in need of replacement you can replace it with a large all channel antenna. Or, a large UHF and separate VHF. A preamp is still going to help deliver the hard won signal to your set.

In either case, if you have safe access to a higher mounting location, you may gain signal strength. You can always run more TV Fool Reports at other antenna heights.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote