View Single Post
Old 9-Mar-2012, 9:23 AM   #10
Electron

Tv antennas and Tv reception

Some History. I was there at the beginnings consumer received satellite broadcasts in the days when every thing ( was not that much in the beginning) was broadcast in the clear. I built my own receiver with plans that were available at the time , and had a 12 foot dish in the yard. Now forward in time to Dish Network/Direct Tv. The original agreement on providing the local tv stations via Dish Network and Direct Tv was for those consumers that 'actually and really' could not receive broadcast analog tv transmissions. What happened over a period of time was consumers that could in fact receive local broadcast tv transmissions complained Loudly and Longly that they could not receive broadcast tv with a antenna ( A Lie ) and that they the liers also had a right to receive local broadcast channels via the small dish. Dish Network and Direct Tv business is selling tv programing for a profit so they also pushed the FCC and our government representives to allow local tv stations programing via the small dish to every one , those concerned got there way to a certain degree.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote