Thread: Antenna Help!
View Single Post
Old 8-Sep-2011, 4:06 AM   #7
Ziffster

Thanks,

For some reason the 8 bays are on sale all over the place locally. Everything including the U8000, 4228HD, DB8 (both old and new styles), C8 and even HD8800 are all available for about the same price as a U4000.

Would any of the 8 bays work better than the U4000?

Would a amplifier like help or hurt the situation?

The Winegard HD5030 is the only one which is hard to come by locally. But I've talked to a few people now who are pushing the Clearstream C5 for about half the cost.

Are any other VHF only antenna worth considering?

Most of the common stuff has become a whole lot easier to get over the past two months up here - guess in anticipation of last weeks switch to digital (all the 'pending stations' shown on TVFool are now live).

For example can easily pick up a DB8 at www.computervalley.ca for below SummitDirect pricing.

Seems that more and more people are getting fed up with the poor quality of 'digital cable' due to the high compression used to pack 1,000 stations in the feed and are exploring the option of OTA combined with the high cost (I know of some people paying as much as $100/month). With overall how good digital OTA is stock is just flying off the shelves which is increasing the options.

A few people around here have bought from and recommend:

www.summitsource.com

Checking their prices even with shipping by UPS ground the prices are as good as any I can find up here.

Any comments on if they are any good to deal with?
Ziffster is offline   Reply With Quote