View Single Post
Old 22-Feb-2017, 2:34 AM   #5
jimR

Thanks Jake. And I did replace the splitter with one spec'd for tv. When I first put the antenna up in the attic I did connect it with one cable to a TV and it worked well. I have checked and rechecked all the connections I can find, I found one with a bad connector (center wire was a bit short) that I replaced. There is one potential problem that I have, the power source for the power inserter I'm using is not the one it came with. The way the box where I have it plugged in doesn't have clearance so I substituted another that has a 90 degree plug. Both put out 5V but the one with the 90 is rated for 0.7A compared to 1A for the one that came with it.

I've read in other places that the Roamio tuner isn't the best so maybe I'm fighting that battle as well.

At this point I'm planning to put the indoor antenna I have up outside and see what happens. I will try it first without the preamp and see what happens. If the signal needs help, I'll try the preamp again. I don't expect this one to last very long, so I would welcome suggestions on antennas. And I will share what happens.

Thanks again to Jake V and GroundUrMast for your suggestions.

Jim
jimR is offline   Reply With Quote