View Single Post
Old 12-Sep-2018, 7:03 PM   #13
ravindran_eee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgagne99 View Post
Based on the 3D Google street view, it looks like the trees are tall, and less than 100 feet away, so additional height will likely be needed. Tilting the antenna up a few degrees might help. Frequency-specific hot-spots may exist on your roof, finding one that works for all frequencies of interest could be a challenge, but is possible. Only one way to find out....

Either that, or you could use the tree behind your neighbors house to the north. It looks to be much taller than the ones across the street. Maybe you could make a deal with him to put the antenna up in there then split the signal to both houses, you'd both get free TV. If you do that, put the pre-amp at the bottom of the tree for easy maintenance/replacement.

Quad shield and/or RG-11 is probably getting into the weeds. New RG-6 should be fine.
Thanks for taking a detailed look. I will play around by tilting the antenna a bit. And will play around with height as well. I don't know if I want to spend that much and try to work out such deals with neighbor. Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

Do you think any other antenna could perform better in my situation? Something that might work better with these trees blocking?
ravindran_eee is offline   Reply With Quote