View Single Post
Old 4-Jul-2012, 2:29 PM   #11
GroundUrMast

The MS2002 would be a solution of reception of strong local signals that have little or no interference to overcome.

Your TV Fool report shows no low-VHF (real channel 2 through 6) signals except for analog WBPA-LP real channel 6 at the very bottom of the list, which is likely not even on the air. The predicted signal strength is well below that needed for reliable reception. from what I can tell, if built, it's a translator re-broadcasting WPCW, a CW affiliate. The WPCW signal is quite weak and may have problems with co-channel interference, but it would be easier to receive than the weaker WBPA.

My earlier suggestions stand. Given your interest in DX (reception of distant signals) go with the HD7698P and CPA-19.

Though I'm not recommending it; If you want to try receiving low-VHF intermittently, as atmospheric conditions vary, your can opt for the Winegard HD8200u... their largest all channel antenna. If you want to rotate such a large antenna reliably, consider a HyGain AR-40 rotator.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote