View Single Post
Old 19-Feb-2014, 7:54 PM   #1
Idi0tB0x

wishful thinking? can I only get ABC?

I currently have basic cable tv but would like to drop it and would be happy with just the networks via over the air. I got all excited and started making antennas and plugging them into my tv. The first one was a pie plate. All I could get was ABC, PBS, and several of spanish stations. Then I upgraded to a coat hanger, and then a gray-hoverman design that was a lot of fun to make, but I'm still not getting the other networks (nbc, cbs, and fox).
I feel like the kid who didn't read the instructions first...
I've now discovered TV Fool and have mapped my location, and maybe abc is all I can get? Although it does say with "extraordinary measures" maybe I can get more?
Here's the report for my address:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...5b945dfb530ddd
Can someone check and let me know if I have options or what "extraordinary measures" could help? A 500 foot tall antenna is not an option.
I'll also add that I currently have cable TV and cable internet. I want to drop the cable TV to save money, but I'll still have high speed internet since it's taken care of by my company, and if having high speed internet opens up any other options I'm interested in them too. I just want to be able to watch in network primetime shows at night and football games on Sunday afternoons during the season.
And I wish I had found and understood these reports on signal strength building various diy antennas...
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Idi0tB0x; 23-Feb-2014 at 5:12 PM.
Idi0tB0x is offline   Reply With Quote