View Single Post
Old 21-Aug-2016, 6:41 PM   #3
cflannagan

Hmmm.. didn't realize about the UHF vs VHF performance in antennas - someone recommended the directional antenna (HDB4X) to me when I was having issues with the omnidirectional antenna; now it sounds like I might need to return not just 1 but 2 antennas :-D

The antenna feeds to 3 TVs in our house. The powered amplifier sits inside our garage attic, between the antenna and the splitter (going to 3 of our TVs). Not sure how long the coax is. Guesstimating maybe 10 to 20 yards from the antenna to the furthest TV in our house (our master bedroom)?

I also have a collection of 6 images I just took since your reply (thanks by the way).

http://imgur.com/a/ikzH5

For context:
1st photo is of our TV showing signal strength for 8.1. Just not too long ago, I observed the signal going out for 8.1 for a second, and when it came back, the signal strength was still showing 4 bars. Not sure what this means.

2nd photo is our antenna currently mounted up there.

3rd, 4th, and 5th photos shows what I think is grounding for the coaxial cable. I was able to trace the coaxial cable being grounded to the antenna itself.

last photo is meant to show the antenna more generally (zoomed out)

When you say "try it first" - try what first? I was wondering if you were referring to the grounding for the coaxial cable, or something else?

For the HD7694P, would I be able to mount it in that kind of mast I have up there right now? Looks like that "yagi-style antenna" is designed mainly for top of roof, which is not an option for me (not due to HOA, but not wanting to void the roof warranty by screwing something thru the rooftop - we recently had our roof replaced).
cflannagan is offline   Reply With Quote