View Single Post
Old 3-Oct-2014, 4:19 AM   #5
StephanieS

Scott,

Trees bring an unpredictability. Think of standing in the woods with a flashlight and trying to shine to someone 500' away. The light is often scattered and may be reflected quite a bit. The result is you can see the light, but maybe not directly. This happens with TV signals too. When it does, it reduces their signal strength and can potentially create a variability in the signal that no antenna can compensate for.

The upshot here is that no matter what the setup you install, you may have some tree induced unpredictability.

That said, if you are content to not duplicate signals, Providence is the way to go. I might install an antenna that is a little stronger than would normally be suggested here. I suggest an Antennacraft HBU22 for the reason of the trees orientated to magnetic 235.

If you want to lay the foundation for 4 splits of the signal. I'd suggest a Channel Master 3414 4 port distribution amp. This would exist at where you split from the single antenna lead to 4 additional feeds. This option is often a good way to go, because when you split signals you lose power. These distribution amps try to offset the signal losses that occur when you split them.

For two splits you can try an normal 2 way TV splitter.

After the distribution amp, run each coax to each device.

You'll notice I only suggested one antenna. That's all you really need. The roof tripod is a good choice as well.

Regards.

Last edited by StephanieS; 3-Oct-2014 at 7:39 AM.
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote