View Single Post
Old 4-Jan-2014, 6:43 PM   #3
GroundUrMast

Quote:
The antenna is located in the attic for functional, aesthetic, and safety reasons. I understand all the problems with attic installation. The antenna simply will not be mounted on the roof.
Given that choice, there are many variables not considered in your TVFR. Mounting an antenna in an attic is like trying to take good outdoor photos from indoors... If the glass is clean and free of distortion, you can get away with it, but if the window is dirty and the blinds are down, it won't matter how much you spent on the camera and lens.

The spec-sheets for each antenna considered are helpful, but the unknowns of the final install site force you to experiment. The differences between each of the antennas is slight and may be affected by the de-tuning effects of nearby construction materials...

I would avoid the CM-7777 and PA-18 for fear of overloading. They are intended for weak signal applications. The TVPRAMP1R is far more tolerant of strong signal inputs. I generally warn against the use of two or more amplifiers, though in a few cases, have seen good results. http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=13659

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote