View Single Post
Old 18-Mar-2015, 10:45 PM   #10
eden

I've only been able to do a little experimentation due to the back injury but: both panels southeast, adjusting 5 degrees or so at a time, and still no channel 25. That signal just doesn't come in at all where I am. I did try point both panels right at Pinnacle (Sauratown Mountain) where channels 31 and 32 have their towers as if it was line of sight. That worked. There is a tiny, narrow window where channel 32 comes in rather strongly, as in 4 bars. The C2 does no better than 2 bars, so yes, the antenna works. However, I lost a bunch of other Greensboro area stations. My next attempt will be to try and slowly separate the two panels without losing channel 32. That will be my last attempt with the DB8e.

I pointed the C2 at that same spot as the DB8e sweet spot and I am doing better than ever with channel 32. Still not 100%, and I will keep the DB8e if I can get 100% without losing too many other stations. Otherwise I will give up on it. FWIW, channel 35 must reflect off of something in that direction. I now get it almost 100% of the time in addition to the other nine stations in my market.

Oh, and these results are with the PA-18 inline. Take it out and I lose a lot of signal strength and lose channel 32 almost entirely.

Last edited by eden; 18-Mar-2015 at 10:46 PM. Reason: More info
eden is offline   Reply With Quote