View Single Post
Old 28-Jun-2011, 7:25 AM   #10
cableisevil

Here we go again.

Looks like I'm going to go attic or outdoor. after looking at this little guy http://www.amazon.com/RCA-ANT751-Out...9243280&sr=8-1
I think I may be able to convince him to let me put this on the eve on the north side of the house. Unfortunately the west side is a no go because its the front of the house.

The line that that connects all the house coax cable to the main comcast line enters through a soffit vent on the north side. My ideal plan would be to mount the antenna on or under that soffit and feed coax from the antenna right along side the "main" comcast line. Then I would detach 2 or three current coax lines from the splitter on the comcast main line and put them on a splitter from the antenna main line fed from the outside into the attic. That way I can keep the cable "outlet" that my wireless internet router currently lives at up and running on the comcast data and transfer 2 or three others over to the antenna. Then when we move I can just take those three lines off of the antenna splitter and put them back on the comcast splitter. Is that clear? If all coax and splitters are this same like I am assuming this should work and without having to run and install new cable outlets just for the antenna in two or three places.
cableisevil is offline   Reply With Quote