View Single Post
Old 1-May-2012, 1:43 PM   #10
TimN

I stuck with my CS4 and bought an AntennaCraft Y5-7-13 because I am trying to keep the cost down. I have both pointed NNW and am now getting the four stations I want, ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox. I am getting about 25 stations total but three of them break up on me sometimes, WTTV, WRTV-DT and WISH-DT.

Here is a more exact map for my location:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...de6526988ca4e4

So I am thinking I need an amplifier.

When I tried the following I only had the CS4. I unhooked the cable from the antenna that runs to my splitter, attached a six foot cable to the antenna and ran it to the amplifier. I attached the cable I just unhooked from my antenna to the output of the amplifier and then plugged in the amplifier. I rescaned for stations and could only get one, WCLJ-DT. Thinking I might have gotten a bad amplifier I got another one, hooked it up the same way but got the same result, only one station. I then thought maybe my six foot cable was bad so I unhooked the amplifier and connected the six foot cable to the cable that runs to my splitter and all of my stations came back. So, I figure it has to be something I am doing wrong with the amplifier.

I tried a Motorola 484095-001-00 and a RCA TVPRAMP1R. Are those just the wrong amplifiers? Any suggestions on what I did wrong? Thanks, -- Tim
TimN is offline   Reply With Quote