View Single Post
Old 25-Apr-2012, 4:58 PM   #1
TimN

Should I point north, south or both?

I wish I had found this website before I bought all of my equipment!

I mounted a ClearStream4 antenna in my attic and have a Zinwell ZAT-970A Digital to Analog TV Converter Box. My house sits up on a hill and there is nothing blocking views from the North or South, I do have several trees East and West.

Here is my report:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...7fcf4e47ab137b

What I really care about is getting ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX. If I point my antenna north to Indidanpolis at about 345 degrees I get ABC and FOX in really good. NBC has very poor quality and cuts in and out. I can not get CBS at all.

If I point my antenna south towards Louisville, 176 degrees, I get CBS and NBC really good but could not get FOX or ABC.

Now for my questions...Is there a better antenna I should have bought or is the ClearStream4 getting me about all I can get?

It seems like I should be able to get ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox all from 176 degrees but I am only getting the two. What am I missing? Do I just need to spend more time adjusting my antenna?

I am toying with the idea of buying a second antenna so I can have one pointed at 345 degrees and the other at 176 degrees and using a Winegard CC-7870 2-Way TV Antenna Joiner Coupler to combine the two antennas on one cable. Is this a good or bad idea?

Thanks for any help! -- Tim
TimN is offline   Reply With Quote