View Single Post
Old 22-Sep-2013, 6:32 PM   #3
ChrisAntennahead

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
Tune to a working channel. Disconnect the coax from the tuner. What doses the tuner display on your screen? If it's the same or similar 'floating' message, you may have a problem locally. (Reconnect your antenna coax.) The goal of this exercise is to determine whether the 'floating' error message is originating in your tuner or is it being broadcast by the station.

Try a full rescan of the converter.

If the tuner reacts much differently than what you have been seeing when tuned to WLNY, contact the WLNY engineering department... Their satellite receiver or ATSC multiplexer may be having trouble.

Here in the NW, KVOS often has "Magnavox" 'floating' across the screen on their VC 12-3. I presume it's due to the source being intermittent (not a 24/7 feed).

On WLNY 55DT(coax connected): Black screen with floating "NO PROGRAM"

On NBC, Fox, ABC, etc(Coax disconnected as suggested): Black screen with floating "NO SIGNAL".

BTW I experienced a similar situation almost two years ago with a PBS affiliate. I don't recall if the message was No Signal or No Program, but that channel reappeared less than 48 hours later.

This LNY issue has persisted for five days, and a real bad sign that it's my end is that a Google search for "no reception WLNY" returns no relevant hits.

Last edited by ChrisAntennahead; 22-Sep-2013 at 6:42 PM.
ChrisAntennahead is offline   Reply With Quote