View Single Post
Old 7-Aug-2014, 1:46 PM   #9
Geezer64

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvcmty View Post
TV fool’s reception charts are only estimates from a model. Sometimes the real world is different from the model. Other models are available.

If you use rabbit ears, the signal prediction can be a bit different. If you look at http://www.rabbitears.info/contour.p...=1294254&map=Y and find your house, it may be in a spot that for whatever reason WVEC is predicted to have less coverage than 2 houses on either side. (looking at 36.31,-76.25 on the rabbit ears Longley-Rice map, the reception of RF13 is quite variable along west main street extension/windlow st. In some houses it should be possible to get WVEC with an indoor antenna, in some yards it is probably hard to get with an outdoor antenna.)

I can think of two options to fix your reception problem of WVEC. The first would be have the antenna you have moved. It may just need more height, it may need to be moved along your roof or moved onto a mast in your yard to find a spot with good reception of WVEC. The second would be to have a channel 13 jointenna and an Y10-7-13 (and possibly a preamp dedicated to the Y10-7-13) added to your current system with the Y10-7-13 mounted in the best possible spot for WVEC.

From the hot/cold spots on the rabbit ears Longley-Rice map, my gut feeling is moving the antenna up above whatever may be shadowing the WVEC signal is all you need. (I know the TV fool says the path is LOS, but the reception described by the OP does not sound LOS.)
Excellent info, Thank you Sir
Geezer64 is offline   Reply With Quote