View Single Post
Old 6-Aug-2014, 2:32 AM   #1
Geezer64

Advice in Eastern NC

My Report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c65ae3497f1a

While researching different antennas for my set up and location, i was advised by an online retailer that i needed the following antenna & Preamp for my location: Antennacraft HBU33 & RCA TVPRAMP1R Preamplifier. Being that i am handicapped and cannot get to the roof, I purchased these and had a friend install on the roof about 30ft with total cable run to my TiVo at about 40ft.

I am running this antenna into a TiVo Roamio with signal strengths from 58-62 on ABC, and 68-72 on CBS, NBC, and the remaining channels on the chart which are in either the green or yellow category. 13-1, is sporadic at times and I can't seem to hit the sweet spot between 13-1 (ABC, at 351 degrees) and the other channels located at 348 degrees. These are the only channels that i am interested in.

I guess what i would like to know, is this antenna & preamp acceptable for this location. There is a row of Pines about 300-400ft. to the north of my house that stretch from North to about Northwest, and Pines behind the house. Signal strengths look fair being split between four tuners on the Roamio but can I do better?

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Geezer64; 6-Aug-2014 at 5:41 PM.
Geezer64 is offline   Reply With Quote