View Single Post
Old 6-Sep-2015, 4:04 PM   #20
Irata

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
Thanks for the photos.What preamp did you get? Is it near the antenna or down at the lower end of the coax?
That sounds like a big improvement to me.
I'm not sure which way is north after looking at the photos. Which direction does the side of the house in the third photo face? Without knowing that, my answer is if the present location isn't affected, then the planned location will not be affected.
Ah, yes: I see towers in photo 2.

The coax shield should be grounded with a grounding block that is connected to the house electrical system ground with 10 gauge copper wire for electrical safety and to reject interference. For further compliance with the electrical code (NEC), the mast should also be grounded in a similar manner to drain any buildup of static charge, but the system will not survive a direct strike.

The preamp is a RCA TVPRAMP1R. Relatively inexpensive so I figured I would experiment a little. I impulse buy. I have it mounted about 6 inches under the antenna.

About an hour or so later most of the Indy stations dropped off. Signal still good with the others though. At one point I had, for a few minutes, solid reception of channel 21 out of Fort Wayne which is 100+ miles away. That was weird.

That's the back of the house. It faces south.

I don't think either of those houses use those antennas.

I talked to the lady across the street with the antenna tower(not pictured). It's a bit shorter but only installed a few years back. Said it was never used and told me I could have it if I could get it removed safely.
Irata is offline   Reply With Quote