View Single Post
Old 30-Sep-2016, 1:08 AM   #9
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeen View Post
I would hope, I get 2 (real 7) & 9 at night now regularly with the single dipole add on top on the DB4e, I would hope to get daytime reception with this but 2 is a pretty weak transmitter.
I called Antennas Direct. Really excellent help there. I asked him about the VHF add-on kit and there are actually two different ones. One is slightly better then the other. You have to actually ask them fo it, they keep it in the office.

I understand it ships from another location than their regular antennas.. However, I believe the VHF add-on kit is barely a compromise. Even the Tech Guy said anything more than 35 miles his risky with that antenna meaning the VHF add-on kit.

I think the 30 - 2476 will open up New Horizons for you. It is a clean-looking antenna and well-constructed. Also during another conversation I had with an antenna Tech Guy, he said that when there is nothing they can do for their customer about VHF reception they actually recommend the 30 - 2476. Even though it is made by another antenna company.
bobsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote