View Single Post
Old 7-Aug-2018, 12:32 AM   #75
Dagwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
Thanks Rabbit.

UPDATE:

For several days now PBS (21) has been edgy -- audio breaking up, slight pixelation. It has been probably my strongest signal; have never had a problem with it since 2011 when I installed my present system.

So I put the new box thingy in that goes under the antenna (that the coax screws into) that I bought last winter. Didn't help at all.

So I started rotating the antenna. One way, no good. Went the other way and it's coming in fine, along with the other channels.

I'm thinking I should probably put a rotor on it, so I can compensate for what I assume are slight changes in the atmosphere, weather, seasons, etc. that are causing my occasional problems. Tweaking it from the living room seems a lot better than crawling up on the roof and having the ladder blow down like it did last December.
Well I lost 21 again. I was on the roof today (took cordless phone with me!) moved the antenna back and forth but could not pick up 21 at all. This has never happened before.

So last week I replaced the junction box under the antenna, which didn't help at all. Is there another obvious weak spot in my system? It was all brand-new in 2011 and has worked flawlessly until last December.
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote