View Single Post
Old 20-Sep-2017, 6:10 PM   #2
Fool82

It's been close to a week and I have yet to receive a reply from anyone on what to try or do with this antenna install I would like to do for my cousin.I'm not getting impatient. But I would accept someone telling me to hire an electrician for the job if all else fails.

So far, I'm at the point of eventually attempting the install on a seperate garage from the house that doesn't have lightning rods installed. I would attempt to route the antenna coax cable to the already intstalled cable/satellite coax that was installed years ago that isn't being used. I would make sure if I do this,that the garage coax is not still connected to the home cable internet connection that she is still using.

If I do not receive any replies, that is most likely what I will try even though reception will not be as good as from the second story eave of the home. I will be sure to document what I did for others to see within 2 weeks if nobody replies.Weather is a factor of why I'm imposing a deadline. I do not care to attempt this when snow will be a weather factor.

If anyone has information on how to connect a tv antenna on a home with lightning rods,I greatly appreciate it.I would prefer to install the antenna on the home. If a tripod is best instead of eaves mount, I would install the tripod mount on the attached home garage roof in case of leakage.
Fool82 is offline   Reply With Quote