View Single Post
Old 24-Jul-2011, 9:35 PM   #1
PaulJiv

Clearstream 4 over Garage

I decided to pick up a clearstream 4 and install in the attic over the garage. My Garage is unfinished and when I built the house I ran a lead up there. I went to a local TV shop and the shop owner was going to sell me a small bowtie antenna similar to a DB2. I went to Costco and they had the clearstream 2 setup on a small TV to demonstrate. I did not flip through all of the channels but I did scan a few and the picture was OK. My thinking was that with snow on the roof in the winter the larger CS4 may help with picking up signal. I have the antenna mounted and test on 1 tv in my bedroom. I am able to pickup signal but have not fine tuned anything I just picked a channel to see what the signal was. I was about 85% according to the Sharp channel menu. Eventually I would like to hook up both TV's. When the scan completed it does not appear that all of the channels are coming in. I have not counted how many I am receiving or what I am receiving yet. Reading several recent posts the most popular attic mount appears to be a CM 4228 or DB4. Should I have went with a bowtie antenna or will the CS4 work just as well.

Here is the link to my exact address
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...03f3c8cdd71ca7

Thanks for your suggestions. I previously posted but I am not able to see that it saved.
PaulJiv is offline   Reply With Quote