View Single Post
Old 2-May-2011, 4:40 PM   #14
Billiam

TG. Thanks. The am trying to design a structure that will attach to the chimney that will permit a horizontal gang. Ch. 7 lays at a kitty corner angle from the chimney which means I don't have a simple installation. 38.4 inches then is the best spacing of the two booms. I will remember that.

I may try the single antenna option first because I can mount that a few feet higher than the ganged antennas and it will reduce the amount of cabling and connectors needed in the system. That alone may solve the problem.

I never see the co channel interference when I have a 20 db signal strength or better. When it is at 19db to 20db I only see an occasional sign of the other Ch. 7 but it is hardly a daily occurrence. In fact, this morning I was getting a normal 20 db plus reading and no interference until the last hour when the signal strength dropped to around 16db to 17db and the interference started to kick in again.

Is there any way to tell which antennas offer better rejection of signals off the side? It is pretty easy to tell for the back side if a Front to Back ratio is mentioned but I don't know how I can use that information to determine side signal rejection.
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote