View Single Post
Old 1-Apr-2011, 3:39 AM   #1
togapete

WCBS Where did it go?

Up until 1 week ago I was getting wcbs in 3 locations since the country converted to digital tv signal transmission.

I am using a Winegard 8200u roof mounted (35ft off the ground) antenna with a 8700 preamp, all RU6 cable, all compression connections, 2 way splitter located in the attic about 20 feet from the antenna and antenna router. Set top digital converter boxes 2 different brands Zinwell on closest TV and Suncast on the farthest TV.

By using my antenna rotor, It was possible to pull it in Channel 2 from both New York city and Connecticut on my farthest TV (located about 70 feet away of RU6 cable from the antenna splitter.

For some unknown reason I was never able to get WCBS on my "closest TV to the antenna" (about 20 feet away from the splitter).

Although it was quite common to lose the signal or experience pixelation and occasional freeze up and very short periods of a blank screen.

I am unable to receive WCBS's signal from either location for the past seven days. All the other stations Lve been getting are just as strong as they ever were (as per the strength meter on the converter box) are being received as well as they always have been.

I live in Farmingville (11738-1139) WCBS is tramsmitted from the Empire State buiding in NYC.

I don't understand what happened.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8d17fcaf52fd39

Did they stop transmitting?

Any ideas/suggestions would certainly be appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited by togapete; 1-Apr-2011 at 4:32 AM. Reason: additional information with better clarity
togapete is offline   Reply With Quote