View Single Post
Old 10-Mar-2011, 10:59 AM   #10
rgallop

G.U.M.

I had a little time this morning and replaced a 2 way splitter that splits (just inside the house from the junction box) my USB tv/computer and my living room tv. This is the only splitter beyond the 3 way in the junction box. The other two tvs connect right form the junction box. The signal in the living room is now stronger. One thing I noticed last night while testing was the converter box on top of my living room tv got very hot after a while. This morning it doesn't seem to be doing it; and this is after I changed that splitter. Do you know of any reason this could happen? I am going to pick up a new RG6 cable to go from the antenna down to the box and see if that helps, along with aiming the antenna, per your suggestion.

Sorry if I sound like a rookie at this, it's been a while. When I was a kid, we had the old 25in color tube Zenith tv. My dad had us change the channel all the time. We had the classic antenna on the roof with the rotor. I was always messing with trying to DX channels from afar. Being a network engineer by trade I should have noticed a layer 1 problem right away. Thanks again for all the help.
rgallop is offline   Reply With Quote