View Single Post
Old 10-Feb-2011, 7:08 PM   #3
MetHerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower Guy View Post
Your UHF antenna is already doing very well. It could be improved by stacking a second HD-9032 above the existing antenna or replacing the single HD-9032 with a pair of XG91 antennas.

The addition of a high band VHF antenna would be helpful. Consider either a Y10-7-13 or YA1713.

The extra height may not offer much improvement unless it helps you clear nearby trees.
Thanks for the input. Good to hear that I'm getting good reception as it is. The extra height is to clear some trees and a house a little ways up the street to get Springfield (and potentially Albany) channels better. If I clear that, I have a clear shot since I'm sitting on a hill in the middle of town.

I was looking at a 91XG and placing a YA1713 about 5' below it. Based on my 'radar', there is only one channel below the YA1713's range at channel 6 but I don't think that channel is important enough for me.

I also want to replace the coax so that it is one piece from the preamp power supply inside the house to the preamp on the antenna mast. It is two connected pieces now. What guage coax would you recommend?

I have one other question about the Boston channels I receive. The three channels listed first are WCVB, WBZ then WGBH. Why is WGBH my strongest Boston channel? It takes really clear weather to get WCVB. I also have an LP channel (WRNT- ch. 48) that I can't seem to get at all.

Thanks - Dave
MetHerb is offline   Reply With Quote