View Single Post
Old 21-Jul-2016, 9:26 PM   #4
ErinMN

Thanks so much for the input! I wanted to follow up with some pictures we took of the antenna as well as sort of our view toward the NE where the towers are.

Does the antenna look familiar? Does it look poorly-sited, meaning it should be up higher? Imagine it's very hard to tell given the weird perspective of a photo taken from ground level. I'll look for grounding but suspect it's unlikely. Does that impact reception, or is this more of a safety issue?

We do have plenty of trees--fortunately or not, the one immediately in the way is an elm so I'm planning for sunshine sometime in the future, poor thing.

Whether there are tall buildings on the signal path or not--I'm not sure, but I'd assume so. It's all suburban Minneapolis from us to the towers, so at least the tallest buildings aren't in the way (downtown is to our south), a few senior high rises or similar are probably between us and the towers.

The radio interference filter I got was the RadioShack 1500025--says it eliminates radio interference: Rejection 0~25MHz/30dB, 25~30MHz/35dB. Should I try something else?

Again, a very big thank you to Rabbit73 and JakeV for your kindness in taking time to look at this situation! I know it's all voluntary and appreciate it!
--Erin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1070779 (2).JPG (95.7 KB, 612 views)
File Type: jpg P1070781 (1).JPG (125.3 KB, 612 views)
ErinMN is offline   Reply With Quote