View Single Post
Old 16-Sep-2015, 1:28 AM   #31
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
RCA ANT3038XR
I can't find any specs on that antenna, and I found two different images for it. It looks like it might also cover VHF-Low (real channels 2-6), which you don't need.

Seems like you want to concentrate on Louisville, use your RCA TVPRAMP1R preamp, and switch to another antenna. The weakest signal you need is WHAS ABC real channel 11, so the antenna must be for VHF-High and UHF aimed at 140 degrees magnetic by pocket compass, not a smart phone compass. The smallest antenna you can get away with is the Winegard HD7694P. The 7697 would be better for 1 and 2Edge signals; the 7698 is probably bigger than you need. Except for your tests, it's difficult to predict the results with the possibility of trees and those tall towers visible in the background, but they were probably necessary for Indy, not Louisville.

Quote:
The biggest concern of mine would be mounting that close to the electrical lines coming to the house and whether that is safe or not.
Your concern is justified, it wouldn't be safe.

Quote:
Or a bowtie like a DB8e with a secondary VHF be a better option to try?
That would work, but most of the VHF-High only antennas are no longer being made, so we are left with combo antennas.

I like the outline typeface you used on the photo in your post #26. It works well on light or dark backgrounds. I don't have an outline typeface in any of my software. What is the name of the typeface font and where did you get it?

Last edited by rabbit73; 16-Sep-2015 at 11:14 AM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote