View Single Post
Old 6-Sep-2015, 6:38 PM   #3
Traveller

Rabbit - thank you for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
The signal loss from an attic location is difficult to predict. A metal roof, aluminum thermal barrier, aluminum siding, and stucco will block signals, as will trees and other buildings.
Standard shingles and no metal or stucco, so I am hopeful. My home however is surrounded by tall trees - no getting around that unless I put up REALLY tall mast which I am trying to avoid. I am a little encouraged by a test I did with a small, flat window type antenna in an interior room. I was able to receive FOX, PBS, ABC, ION, and a bunch of the independant channels with just that small antenna by moving it around the room.

Quote:
Try the 7694 in the attic using a temporary setup with one TV and its tuner. Move the antenna around in the attic to find the best location.
Will do. I think the Tablo DVR device will help with that process since I can attach antenna to it and control it's tuner to rescan and show results remotely from my tablet while still in the attic. Also, since the Tablo streams live and recorded content to my other TV's, it will be the only device connected to the antenna - no splits to worry about.

Quote:
WTLJ and WGUV are so strong they would probably overload a preamp.
Good to know - thank you. I think you are right since I as able to get those channels no matter how or where I pointed that tiny test antenna...

Thanks again!
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote