View Single Post
Old 7-Jul-2015, 10:32 PM   #1
brian72

Advice for Southern San Diego County

Hey everyone, hoping to get some advice on antenna selection. Thanks in advance to those who run this forum as it's an incredibly valuable tool in addition to the report.

I'm fortunate to live in an area with good reception as you'll see from the link. My wife is from Mexico so while I'm focusing on all the channels to the north she'd like to get everything to the south as well. I bought a Mohu leaf 50 and mounted it behind my TV on the 2nd floor and with a little tweaking was able to get most channels toward the top of the list, although reception on some was weak. Channel 8 and 10 are the farthest north, and have the weakest signal. The other towers can actually be seen from my kitchen window. Although the antenna was on a wall on the north side of the house, I still got a number of channels south of the border. Not bad for an indoor antenna!

I figure to get a stronger signal and split the signal to 3 TVs in my house I'll need a little better antenna mounted either in the attic or outside the house. I'd prefer to get something that won't draw ire from my HOA (in case outside works best) and was considering the Mohu Sky 60 or comparable Amazon basics model, but perhaps there are better models that I should look at. Based on the report and success with the indoor antenna I'm assuming the small amplifier that comes with those will suffice and may not even be needed. Also I'm assuming the multidirectional function on the Sky will help get channels from opposite directions, but am wondering if that's more marketing BS and I'd be better off with 2 antenna's facing north and south.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8e03878d999435
brian72 is offline   Reply With Quote