View Single Post
Old 21-Jun-2015, 4:53 AM   #29
lspecski

Rabbit73, your design in post 23 works for the Olevia without the splitter. The Olevia gives me signal strength of between 70-80% for Channel 6when I added the splitter, it dropped to 44%. On the Samsung which is the longer cable run, I am getting all of the channels perfectly except channel 6.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but we are having a lot of rain today and I assume that this can be affecting the signal.

I an only think that it is still an issue of the diplexer. I bought the Radio Shack that has power passing on the UHF side. I tried the diplexer before the control box to take away the issue of the splitter, but the signal for channel 6 dropped to 40% on the Olevia and couldn't be picked up at all on the Samsung.

On another post, I was given the following advice on the combining of signals "If you want to combine a 7-69 antenna with a 2-6 antenna, you need the ZHLSJ, not the ZUVSJ.

If you use the UVSJ, then you end up with a device that combines 2-13 on the VHF port with channels 14-up on the UHF port which is not what you said you needed."
lspecski is offline   Reply With Quote