View Single Post
Old 30-Jan-2015, 3:06 PM   #6
Ben Myers
KD3WB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldrick View Post
Bumping an old post. Finally getting to this. Hooked up the RCA antenna as listed above.

Here is what I am looking at (slightly different location):
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2c155f3404c2f7

Iget NBC, CBS and PBS, no problem. I know that ABC is not happening with this antenna, but I can't seem to get FOX yet - and I think I should be able to.
I know I may not have quite the right antenna for the job, but are there tips I may not be aware of for trying to tune it in. My tv tuner just has auto scan, so I don't know how to search for that specific channel (44.1).

Thanks for any advice. Cant get over how outstanding the HD picture quality is!
Tune the television to CBS or NBC, adjust the antenna for the most stable picture and do a rescan. Also, on direct channel entry, try 43.1 or 43 followed by a period or hyphen, then adjust the antenna as needed. Don't be surprised if you see nothing initially, since digital televisions typically don't show a picture unless a usable signal is present. Additionally, I wouldn't give up on ABC so easily. It is in exactly the same direction as the stations you are receiving now and your antenna is perfectly capable of receiving it. Real channel 13.
Ben Myers is offline   Reply With Quote