View Single Post
Old 5-Dec-2014, 6:30 PM   #4
timgr

Hi Keith -

These maps look like they are only resolved to the block level - if I'm reading the annotation right. You can start the MAPS function on the TVFool front page, and put the cursor precisely on your location. Might make a difference ...

If it were for me, I would first try to get stations from Boston WGBH/X, WBZ, WCVB, WHDH, WFXT, WLVI, WSBK and WMFP. These are all UHF and you'd have a good chance of reliably receiving them all with a sensitive UHF antenna like the Antennas Direct DB8e. I'd go as high as I could, and locate the antenna where is it not obstructed by adjacent buildings or trees in the line of sight to the horizon in the direction of the stations (82 magnetic). This should cover all the majors and a few independents, and from there you could think about trying for the other markets (Hartford, Providence, Springfield) by aiming one panel at Boston and the second at the other market, or adding a second VHF antenna aimed elsewhere. For example, you could try for WNAC and WPRI with an Antennacraft Y5713 or Y10713 and add those to the Boston stations.

Last edited by timgr; 5-Dec-2014 at 7:39 PM.
timgr is offline   Reply With Quote