View Single Post
Old 13-Nov-2014, 7:34 PM   #67
mulliganman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Don't know. That location doesn't appear when I do a tower search in the area. Assuming it belongs to one of the local fire protection districts, it will be operating in either the 150-155 MHz or the 450-455 MHz bands.

The only way you'd be able to positively correlate your intermittent decoding errors with some local RF transmission would be to sit there with a spectrum analyzer watching it and your diagnostic screen (or display) and see if you can spot some sort of broadcast that occurs at precisely the same time as a decoding error. It would be like looking for a needle in a haystack unless you could narrow down any of the variables.
Well I see. I'm still looking for any kind of patterns with the errors, but I guess unless rabbit has other ideas that only leaves changing out the C2V to something more directional and see if that resolves these signal errors. Is that fair to say (since two 3dB attenuators have been added and the signal errors still occur)?

If it is, what would be some reasonable alternatives to consider? I really like the form and aesthetics factor of the C2V especially when coupled with the more directional 91XG and hate the idea of replacing it but the cutouts on 33-1, its subchannels, and 10-1 are driving me nuts. The only other channel that on a more rare occurance that has the occasional error is 49-1 Fox. Everything else always sits at 0 since switching to yours and rabbits suggestions.

The reason I have been inquiring more about how to mount the 91XG on the peak of the roof as you mentioned is because of the possibility of needing another directional to eliminate the errors on 33-1, its subchannels, and 10-1 while maintaining error free on the other channels. I thought it might be difficult to place two directional antennas where the two in use are located (not to mention being a bit of an eye sore).

Last edited by mulliganman; 13-Nov-2014 at 8:30 PM.
mulliganman is offline   Reply With Quote