View Single Post
Old 22-Oct-2014, 3:28 PM   #12
Canadianeh

So, reading the forums a little more, I'm now debating if I'd be any better off using the 91XG or the DB8e, as I plan to at least start off mounting the antenna in the garage attic. I've read about all of the ill-effects of doing so and am prepared to drag it outside if necessary. The garage is non-insulated, plywood, and vinyl siding, so I'm hoping it won't attenuate the signal *too* much.

That being said, would the 91XG or the DB8e be any more effective than one another in an attic like this?

TV Fool report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d243ead23d645f

Channels attempting to pick up somewhat reliably:

21 - CBMT (19.4 NM)
15 - CKMI (2.5 NM)
49 - CJNT (-7.1 NM)

Note - to see these on the report above, you need to choose the box to see "pending applications" as well. Not sure why they've fallen out of the database of live channels.

Also, will channel 38 off to the west (41.2 NM) affect my signal here? It would be nearly 90 degrees off from where the antenna is pointed. I'm slightly concerned about whether or not it would cause an overload situation, in the event I need to use a pre-amp.

Edit: Lastly, there is the following channel as well:

12 - CFCF (12.9 NM). I know the 91XG has no hope of picking up this channel, but would the DB8e be able to? I can't find a good modeling graph of the DB8e across the frequency spectrum online. I'm assuming I'll end up having to pick up a Y5-7-13....

Last edited by Canadianeh; 22-Oct-2014 at 3:33 PM.
Canadianeh is offline   Reply With Quote