View Single Post
Old 1-Sep-2014, 8:42 PM   #5
manchvegas

Thanks for the response teleview.

The apartment is on floor 3 of 4. Some apartments have patios/balconies facing North, but mine is not one of them and there are no Patios balconies in the East/Southeast direction for a line of sight to Boston.

There are no Satellite dishes on the outside of the building. You bring up a good point though; I can't visibly see any antennas or satellite dishes on the roof, but I also can't see most of the roof because there are other buildings in the way. I've considered talking to the company about it. Problem is, they're a pretty big company, so their first and easiest response is always No. In the rental contract, they explicitly prohibit drilling into the building to mount antennas, but that does not preclude weighing down the antenna for mounting. I'm going to start a conversation with them, but if its like every other conversation I've had so far, they're good at saying No.

Either way, the consensus so far sounds like indoors reception is difficult, regardless of the pre-amp and antenna gain? Where's outdoors, particularly the higher the better is the best bet?

Thanks again for your help.
manchvegas is offline   Reply With Quote