View Single Post
Old 4-Mar-2014, 3:06 PM   #10
stvcmty

In my opinion in general, a passive 8 way splitter being used for 2 or 3 TV’s adds excessive loss to a system (this could be true or not depending on what is feeding the splitter.)

If you have 2 TV’s now, and possibly will add a 3rd one in the future, I would get a 4 way splitter. The lead from the antenna in the attic would go to the “in” on the 4 way splitter. The coax’s to the rooms with TV’s would go to the outs on the splitter. The unused outputs on the splitters should be terminated with 75ohm terminators. I suggeste a 4 way splitter because you may add a 3rd TV in the future, and most 3 way splitters are a 2 way split followed by another 2 way split, so one port has more signal than the others, where a 4 way splitter will have 4 ports with the same signal level on all of them. Unless you need one port with more signal than the others, the 4 port is nice because it gives you room to add a 4th TV later.

Cable service for cable internet must be separate from OTA HDTV. The cable modem should be attached directly to where the cable company’s signal comes in. There should be no signal connection between cable and antenna.
stvcmty is offline   Reply With Quote