View Single Post
Old 23-Jan-2014, 1:22 AM   #1
MattZuke

OTA UHF Help - Tacoma, WA

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...5b947facfc5a22

First time buyer seeking assistance for a friend. We have an existing VHF/UHF Yagi of unknown make (freecycle) bolted to the chimney with broom stick. We can get VHF 9 and 13, but not 11 but I'm guessing location is the issue. For this post I'm asking specifically for help getting UHF.

Channel UHF 27 (PBS 28) I can pick up with a stick. Komo 4 (UHF 38), King 5 (UHF 48), Kong 16 (UHF31) , KIRO 7 (UFH 39), pretty much everything at 8 degrees true I'm specifically buying this antenna for.

Everything at 13 degrees true Except VHF 11 is groovy.

I'm "thinking" of investing in a bowtie antenna, proper mount. I could swing a Winegard WGDHD8800, but the packages from Solid Single look attractive. The HDB8X Lite kit with tripod specifically or DB8 Bundle with J Mount. These are at the upper end of my budget, $100-$120.

I'll be laying new wire to two locations. TV Room has three devices, HDTV (toshiba 42HM95), dedicated tuner box to listen to the news without using the bulb. I also have a Trisonic "36db" amplifier and FM Trap.

So the priority at the moment is UHF antenna specifically for everything listed at 8 degrees true and the mounting hardware, existing Yagi likely mounted on the same staff if possible.

Thanks in advance...

MattZ
MattZuke is offline   Reply With Quote