View Single Post
Old 8-Sep-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
RedBull1973

Brand new member -- Antenna suggestions in Michigan's UP

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46aec7a335d46f

Here is the link to my location. I am trying to find a single antenna that I can set and leave alone to pick up channels 10, 13, 19, 35, and 48. I have been experimenting with an old FM/VHF/UHF antenna that has been up on the roof since the 90s. I was able to get all the locals before the digital transition, but now not so much. I seem to be able to get 13 and 19 no matter which way I aim it. I need to aim SW to get 10 and SE to get 48, but no circumstances get me 35. I purchased an Antennas Direct DB8 and pointed it SE and at the same time pointed the old antenna SW. Running them through a combiner with no preamp gets me everything except 35, though my converter box shows a poor signal on that channel. I have also tried the DB8 antenna solo and can't capture 10 or 35 no matter which direction I aim for. I do have an Antenna Craft 10g202 preamp coming in the mail on Tuesday though and plan to experiment with it to see if I can get all the channels with that.

I don't know if there is a better way to approach this or not, but please send me suggestions if I'm missing something here. I have 14 days to decide on the DB8 if I want to keep it or not, so if there is something better I have that long to make a move.

Last edited by RedBull1973; 9-Sep-2013 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Simplify scenario
RedBull1973 is offline   Reply With Quote