View Single Post
Old 8-May-2013, 7:27 AM   #1
Guru

Need help on best pre amp.

I am in Topeka, KS and just installed a new HD Stacker antenna from Denny's and aimed it at KC. I went without a pre amp just to see what it might pull in on its own. Outside the Topeka stations I only pulled in one KC station, KCTV at 35%.

I know I will need a preamp but can't really decide between the Winegard 8700, Winegard 8275 or Channel Master 7777. I'm almost tempted to just try the Radio Shack version to see if this is just a waste of my time though. Easy return.

Here is my TVFOOL report...
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...1ddafe7e2d2ea0

Quick description of my set up. My antenna is just about 30' high stationed with a gable mount on the second story of my home with a 5' mast. It is a HD Stacker antenna. CAble run is 100' to my first TV. I haven't installed the splitter to my two other tvs yet but there will be an additional 30' of cable to get to the other two TVs. I will have one dual splitter before my first TV then another dual splitter to my other two TVs.

If am am leaving anything out please let me know and thanks for your help.

EDIT

I am in one of the highest points of my city but I do have some big oak trees right next door that I cannot get above at all. Don't know how much they are affecting my signal but thought I should put it out there for you.

Last edited by Guru; 8-May-2013 at 7:47 AM.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote