View Single Post
Old 9-Mar-2013, 1:12 PM   #5
Ray

Thanks. I'll try some extra height and let you know how it goes. I got a ten foot length of mast at the thrift store yesterday and can try this out temporarily as long as there is no wind.

The problem I have with my TV is that a single rescan is essentially the same as a double rescan in that it wipes out all memory. So say I scan and find channels 8 and 13. Now I want to watch channel 9. So I rotate the antenna toward 9 and do a rescan. Now 9 is on the channel list, but 8 and 13 are missing, requiring me to rotate and scan again if I want to watch channel 8.

Edit:

Actually, I had a look outside and think I'll wait a bit before trying the height increase. The mast is adjacent to a large tree. I can clear it just barely when I increase the height, but then this places a large branch with a dense growth of twigs into the signal path. I have a tree guy coming out to do some work around here, but this won't be until after the oaks have budded out at this elevation so he can easily tell what's dead and what's not. This will be just be easier after he's done. Probably three weeks or so. I'll post my findings then.

Last edited by Ray; 9-Mar-2013 at 8:27 PM. Reason: Update for delay in trying height
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote