View Single Post
Old 11-Oct-2010, 7:58 AM   #19
kb2fzq

I looked at your antenna picture....I doubt that the trees or the house are blocking any signals, however, you are pointed right at your neighbors house, and if the neighbor is generating some sort of radio frequency interference, unbeknowns to them, it will effect your signal reception...is the pixelation occurring more at specific times of the day, for example, at 1 a.m. in the morning, is there no pixing? Yet, at 8 p.m. it's horrible? Also, is it a reciprocating pix, does it happen, say, every 30 seconds, or is it random?
This is important, there are many sources of RFI in homes these days....you might want to record when things are bad and when they're good, like when the neighbors lights go out for the nite, does the pixing stop or become reduced...some detective work is needed, as your description of your setup seems to be very good, you should be having no problems, especially at 26 miles from the tower, yet you are, something is interfering with the chan 7 signal...and I also suspect the RFI may be in your your own home, it might even be the TiVo box, as much of a pain it may be you should shut everything in your house off at the breaker box, (including cell phones) except the TV and TiVo and see if the pix stops...it could be something you never would have imagined was causing RFI...

Last edited by kb2fzq; 11-Oct-2010 at 8:15 AM.
kb2fzq is offline   Reply With Quote