View Single Post
Old 8-Oct-2010, 3:23 PM   #9
wisny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
I've been through this problem more than once. Indoor antennas pale in comparison to outdoor antennas even when used indoors. Find a good indoor antenna like the CM 4221 which you can mount inside in a window by simply perching it on a unused chair. It will give you every UHF signal in green and probably those in yellow. It might give you 8 and 10 too though I am not completely certain about that.

I was able to get VHF hi with my 4221 when I tested it in the Hartford area last fall. And in my current location, I've used a 4221 in my living room and received every KC signal in yellow on my TV Fool report though all are UHF signals. I am 35 to 40 miles from every transmitter!

Hey, Billiam . Thankyou very much! You've given me another direction to look in. I am checking out the 4221 on Amazon, and I may just give that a shot. While I was looking there, I ran across some 'ClearStream' compact antennas? Do you know anything about those at all? It also sounds like UHF outdoor, like you mentioned the ChannelMaster is. It looks like it might be a bit more compact though, although, to be honest, I can't really tell b/c they don't give exact dimensions. Do you know anything at all about this type of antenna, and do you think it might pick up the vhf ones as well, as you mentioned the ChannelMaster might?

http://www.amazon.com/Antennas-Direc...7&sr=1-2-fkmr1
wisny is offline   Reply With Quote