View Single Post
Old 27-Jul-2012, 5:36 PM   #16
redtiger

Away for awhile but ready to finish this

I was fairly convinced to go with the original recommendation of the 7015P. However, I found a post from GroundUrMast in another part of this forum (Antennas):

" Winegard HD7015
The Winegard HD7015 is designed to receive all channels. It is primarily intended for outdoor mounting and like any other antenna, will perform best if it's given a clear and unobstructed view.

This is a mid-sized directional antenna with gain from 2.5 dBd @ CH-6 to 9.9 dBd at CH-32. It is most sensitive toward the front and receives very little from the sides and rear."

It's the statement about receiving "...very little from the sides and rear" that took away all my momentum. This antenna is for my Dad and I want to do the best I can for him. His situation requires that we use an antenna which will receive from the rear (WABI - a very strong signal). Will the 7015 do this (on paper)? Would the more expensive 7080P be better?

How about the 7082 or 7084? These two antennas seem to be quite popular. I was drawn to the 7082 because I've read that it is especially strong and rugged. Is that true? Winters can be harsh here.

The FVHD45 certainly looks really rugged but I can't really find any info on it that isn't just someone wanting to sell them; Haven't found any reviews or comparisons.

Anyway, would someone weigh in one more time with an opinion/observation? Will all these antennas work? Is there really that much difference between them? Is one more "forgiving" than the rest?
I'd pay the extra $$$ if I felt one of the more expensive ones would perform better for my Dad.

Any final thoughts?

Thank you.
redtiger is offline   Reply With Quote