View Single Post
Old 25-May-2012, 7:21 PM   #18
Electron

All Questions and Information about Broadcast Tv Reception

The grounding issue is a 'Highly Charged' issue that borders on insanity.
Humans have a hard time thinking clearly about grounding and lightning.
Even Real and Actual Professionals have gone to blows , no kidding , over the issue.

And when it comes to Tv antennas and grounding , many people get wide eyed and there brain buzzes , the antennas are treated as some kind of Special Case.
Tv antennas are NOT A Special Case.

Air conditioners are on the roof and are not grounded with a separate ground wire.
The metal vents and vent pipes that stick up out of the roof are not grounded with a separate ground wire.
As a Reality Check , get some binoculars and look at the roofs and sides of houses and see if there are any separate ground wire connected to the , antenna , mast , antenna mount and ground.

Are metal roofs that are on houses grounded with a separate ground wire?? Look for your self and see.

Many houses and buildings now days have plastic water pipes. Lightning travels through the water in the pipes , But , how is a plastic pipe grounded??

Am I saying to not ground a antenna. No I am not saying that. What I Am saying is , Hey , it's easy to slip over the edge on this grounding and lightning issue.

I know the answers to all the questions and more.

Last edited by Electron; 28-May-2012 at 9:04 PM.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote